Friday, January 9, 2015

Ponta Pora Week 40

January 5, 2015

Family. This week was great. The new year was brought in with a bang, we have stepped up our relationship with the members and folks that we are teaching, and I made some goals for the rest of my mission, 1, 3 and 5 years. I really don´t think I have been as excited about life as I am now.
   So the work was pretty thought out this week. We focused alot more on planning and really thinking what's going to help the people instead of just going through the motions. We had an exchange with the assistents and organized a sweet meeting with the stake president. They are going to redivide the wards! So this week we have to visit every priesthood holder in Ponta Porã. It will be a bunch of work but we are excited to get to know a bunch of people we don´t already know.
    Our recent convert, Giovane, has been inviting everyone he knows to church. His awesome friend René will be baptized this Saturday! 
   I will be out of area for two day this week doing exchanges.
      We welcomed in the new year with a bang! An awesome family, who I have come to love quite a bit, invited us to come have a churrasco with them. We ate a TON. I have never eaten that much meat and drank that much tereré in my life. It was a record for sure. The fireworks were CRAZY. Also a fun little cultural thing here in Ponta Porã; Guns are super illegal here in Brazil. For just about everyone. However Paraguay doesn´t have any enforced laws about it. So, here in Ponta, a bunch of people illegally are gun owners. And they have a fun tradition to get smashed drunk, and shooting off pistol rounds into the air. It´s actually super dangerous. We heard guns going off all night. It was one for the books for sure, Brazilians know how to party.
   I got super excited to make goals, I have got some rad things to achieve here in the future. I am the most blessed man in the world. The present is great and the future is going to be even better.
    Family be grateful, don´t just be impressed by the mountains, desert, weather, good people, and good moments. Be captivated, be blown away by the reality of the incredible oppertunity life is. Give thanks silently at all times. Keep a prayer of gratitude in your heart for sacrifice that was made for you and the ones you love. 
Just know that I love you all and that I am doing great!
   -Pass my love to all the cousins and aunts and uncles.
   -Tell Grandma and Grandpa Anderson thank you for the example and love, and that I am excited to serve alongside them.
    -Tell Grandpa Allen thank you for the support, and for teaching me how to apreciate and love the Latin culture and for letting me tag along on his trips down South. His conversation has always meant alot to me and that the man I am today was influence by those talks. Tell Grandma Allen that I think she is super pretty. And that I wish a Happy Happy Birthday! I don´t remember which day it is but I know its coming up.
      -Tell Holly and Roger that I love them and that I was praying for Frankie. Oh, and give Frankie a hug for me!
       -Tell Jessica and her husband congrats!
        -Richmond I love you! I am so proud of you. You are going to have the experience of a life time on the mish. Congrats!
         -Tell Breck, Bryn and John, Izze, and Austin that I love them like crazy and that we´ll be partying here soon.
-Mom and dad I love you guys tons! You gave me everything and I will forever be grateful for you two.
-Elder Davis Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment