Friday, January 9, 2015

Ponta Pora Week 36

December 8, 2014

Let The Good Times Roll‏


Family of mine! I am a blessed man. Everything here in Ponta Porã is going smooth. It really does seem like everthing is coming together here. It´s going to be a banger year here in on the border.
    This week was filled with good things. My comp, Elder Foster, from Wacilla, Alaska got here on Tuesday. He is a happy and interesting guy, who is stoked to be on the mission and has a rad  way of expecting good things to happen. Some changes were made in our zone and two new missionaries are be trained here in the zone, I don´t think they know how blessed they are to be starting out in the raddest part of the mission. My ex comps, Santana and Tolman stayed in the zone and are training. The zone is SOLID.  We organized and made some simple plans with solid goals for the zone and our area, and just went out to work. We found an awesome family walking through this big empty field. Since I got here in Ponta we would pass through the field and I would see the shacks off in the distance and think that maybe we should talk to them. This particular neck of the woods is full of people from Paraguay who come accross the border and build shacks in the fields to live for free or run from things on the other side of the border. Members always tell us to be careful when pass through these parts of the zone and we don´t work there a ton because they usually only speak Guarani and Spanish. Anyways we decided to head over there one night and ended up sitting by their fire and teaching the restoration in half spanish half português and playing games. One of the greatest family nights ever.
     Sunday morning we started at one end of the area and walked by everyones house to remind them about chuch. As we were cruising down the dirt road we saw five young men in white shirts and ties with there little brothers on the handlebars pedaling up the hill to church. I almost cried I saw all these young mens who live in rough neighborhoods surrounded by all kinds of crap, and being the only members in their families happy and strong in the gospel. After, we passed by that family in the favela and walked with them to church. I had the chance to confirm Giovani our recent convert. It was an awesome week.
 To top it off Mareni and Wagner are getting married Tuesday!!!!!!! I can´t tell you happy I am! ME and Elder Tolman worked and prayed super hard for them and to see it come together is a beautiful thing. They started temple prep Sunday and I told them I would meet them in Paraguay or São Paulo when their family gets sealed. (I sent a picture last week of their adorable daughter Bianca, who loves me). GOD IS GOOD.  
           We are using those Ele É O Presente cards and sharing messages about Christmas a bunch. I am super excited to skype you guys!!
      Tonight at midnight, Elder Foster and I are cruising 6 hours away to Campo Grande for the reunião de conselho with president. Its going to be an exhausting couple of days but I love it.
I am sure that I am forgetting about rad stuff that went down this week but thats the skinny.

     We ate tacos today with our zone and the new stake president because we beat the goal the attendance goal that we set with him just one week before, I can´t explain to you how much I love and missed Mexican food. 
         Life is Great!
John 3:16
I love you all very much, I miss you tons, I am sorry that I don´t have the time to hit you all up individually, Austin's email made me a proud brother. I feel super blessed to be apart of our family and even more gratefull that we will party for eternity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment