Monday, March 23, 2015

Ponta Pora Week 51


March 23, 2015

Loved ones, everyone looks beautiful. I am indeed back in Cuiabá. They opened a few new areas on the border of Bolivia and had to reorganize the whole mission. My companion is a Gaúcho from Rio Grande do Sul. He is super cool and super excited. I will for sure have some crazy stories in the new future about him, he is insane... My area is Coxipó, it´s huge! it´s about half ghetto classic Cuiabá, half capital. it´s awesome. I will send a bunch of pictures next week. It´s crazy to be back in this part of the country after almost a year. Ponta Porã is completely different, culturally. Here in Cuiabá is HOT, life is definitely alot crazier here. I am still Zone Leader and my zone is huge. We have a ton of work to do. It is going to be a wild ride.
    Today, for P day, we played soccer with the other zone here in Cuiabá. We played at the Mapim chapel... My first area! it was one of the nostalgic area moments of my mission. Crossing the river in to Várzea Grande and walking from the bus terminal to the chapel, down the same streets I walked down as a lost gringo. Streets where I saw fights, topless women, bought the best street food ever, and learned to love this crazy place. The strongest sun in the world, the mosquitos, the language, the walking, the food, the prayers, the best people in the world.
      The last year and half has been the greatest of my life. It has been a sacred time. I can´t help but be blown away by the amount of love that has been shown to me from Heavenly Father over the last two years. I know that he is mindful of every single one of us.
      I have no idea what size of suit I wear. I am so excited for Richmond! he is going to kill it! And have the greatest adventure of his life. I will head down there to visit him in no time!
   I love you all and miss you all like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment