Monday, March 23, 2015

Ponta Pora Week 47

Feb. 23, 2015

Family! I am the happiest man alive! Richmond is headed to Indonesia!!!!! I told everyone in the world. I am so stoked for him. He is about to embark on the greatest adventure of his life. I can´t help but reflect on the feelings I felt one I opened my mission call and reading Cuiabá, Brasil. I remember looking at the red cliffs and feeling a tiny bit of eternity. It´s an incredible feeling. When you realize that soon you will be amongst people who´s eternal destiny will be influenced by you. It´s the greatest thing in the world. The last year and half has been the greatest of my life. 
I know my savior and my heavenly father. I know why I am here. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I LOVE these people. I love there language, I love this country, I love there food. They are my people and I know we´ll be close forever. Its super hard to express my feeling about my mission. Soon Richmond will know what I mean.
     You can be sure that I will be cruising over to Indonesia in about a year to vist Rich. 
This week was nuts. I thought I was getting transfered for sure and I was super bummed out. I spent the last week visiting all the people that I have grown to love so much here. They´re awesome. We saw some crazy miracles. One is with a man that has helped me out more than anyone else on my mission. His name is Éder. He has taken care of me when I was sick, helped me rediscover how fun being a missionary is when I was in a rough spot, and helped me raise my vision. He´s rad. Anyways, about 3 months ago our bishop(who has some problems) chewed him out and offended him and about half the ward. We have worked super hard to help mend the fences and even though Éder has always helped us out a ton,  he hasn´t came to our ward in forever.( he is a high priest as well) Last night we visited him and had an awesome conversation about life. I didn´t even think much about it. We went over to his house for lunch today and he explained how after we left inspired to drive to Bishops house and clear everything up. He did it and for some reason it was incredibly fulfilling to see my influence not only as a missionary but as a friend. When you love people you it makes you happy to see them happy.
 Other stuff: -I am staying in Ponta Porã! with the same fetching comp....
                   -Bia got confirmed
                   -two young men we baptized got ordained teachers
                    -I bought a suit
                    

I don´t know what more to say. God is good. May we all get to know him better every day. I am praying for you all and hope you all know how much I love ALL of you.
-Your brother and friend, forever!,
Elder Davis Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment