Sunday, August 17, 2014

Campo Grande Week 17

July 21, 2014
Mãe
This week was hardcore. We made moves across our entire area on foot almost every day and finally after an entire transfer of working our tails off we are feeling like we are making progress.
  
   When I got to the area there were some major challenges that I didn´t realize. About our mission and our area. The Cuiabá Brasil mission has the fewest amount of members out of all the missions in Brasil and it is the biggest. The challenges with our ward are super complicated. The ward is dead. It is one of the oldest wards in Campo Grande, and the members have just forgotten how it works. They aren´t taking care of each other. Word on the street is that president has thought about pulling the missionaries out of the ward for a while now, so we are hoping that doesn´t happen.
    We have really seen the blessings that come from fasting. This week we have the opportunity  to baptize Edineia e Luana, an awesome mother and daughter that we found in the street my first week. It´s been a struggle but they have over come all of the challenges that were standing in the way. I have really grown to love the heck out of them. They always make us tasty stuff and we cried together when Brasil lost one more to Holanda.
    Cleidiane was a miracle. Her step mom is a super cool lady in the ward who has been through a ton of rough times. Anyways she lives in England but her step dad who is not a member is super sick, so she flew in to spend the last few weeks with him. She was at church  last week and this week. We set her baptismal date for the 26th of this month. I have never met anyone that is as prepared as she is. The lesson that we taught her was the most spiritual lesson that I have been a part of in a long time. I really felt like I articulated every single thought that I had in Português with out even thinking about English. It is difficult to describe but the language is coming along super well and I feel super blessed for it. Cleidiane lives super close to the temple in London and has always been super curious about what happens there. When she asked her step mom Carmen happily explained the endownment cerimony. It was such a Brazilian moment. No secrets here.
   Another funny story, the patriarch in Cuiabá invited the sisters to give a blessing with him and they did it. There is a bunch of funny stories of things like this happening and for some reason it makes me love the people that much more. They are so confident yet simple and humble. Everyone here is open and spiritual and all though they love their cerveja and parties they are happy to take us in.
        I feel like I am growing more than ever. Growth hurts sometimes right? It´s rad. I feel like I am learning to truly give myself to the lord and to life. To really listen to people, see things the way they see them. Pay attention to the experiences, the spirit and the diverse ways that he comunicates with me. Move past the comfortable and artificial place in my  head.
        My English is terrible and I do not even care.
P- day was rad. We had a huge churrasco with the Terenos Elders and played soccer for hours with a bunch of missionaries. A super cool Elder, Elder Rolim, is ´´dying´´ this week. (ending his mission this week) so we are partying hard tonight at a noite familiar with an awesome family in our ward.




No comments:

Post a Comment