Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cuiaba Week 8

May 19, 2014

 Just got done reading about Richmond tearing it up, HOLY SMOKES, the kids a freak. I really can´t believe how talented all of my Irmãos are. That is so awesome that they are heading to New Zealand this week. I really do not know how to express my jealousy, that will be awesome! Take tons of pictures and send em my way! Austin is killing it as usual, and it seems like Izze is as skilled as ever, so I am feeling like we might as well be the Tenenbaums.
   This week was awesome. We have been working in new bairros and in places that we haven´t been to before and it has been amazing. We found this super cool bairro where the streets don´t have names and there are mini canyons in the road from the rain. The first time we walked through the neighborhood there were open fires, kids, dogs, and chickens running all over the place. Every single person that we have talked to in that neighborhood has been receptive. EVERYONE. We are teaching a giant family that all live on the same hill, it is the coolest experience ever to round up twenty or so people and teach a lesson. I am super optimisic with this family and I am super excited for the next reunião.
   So a crazy event, We were walking up to the house where we were going to eat almoço and this member says, ´´Elderes, Vem aqui, rapido!´´ So we walk over to him through some weeds and sure enough, he is holding a 3 foot jacaré.. Alligator! It was the coolest thing ever! He let it go real calm like and was like, ah de boa, we will wait until he is bigger so we can eat him... So cool.
     We were invited to a Noite Familiar with Bispo Elson and a bunch of other awesome families in our ward. They are the coolest people and they party so hard! We sang songs and all the Brazilian ladies shared an awesome message about families. After we feasted on churrasco and homeade sorvete de maracujá. So tasty. there was a guy there who I totally thought was a member, I sat down next to him to eat and started talking with him. It turned out he was Bishops neighbor. We marked a time to come by and he invited bishop and his family to come with us. Last night we taught them the restauração with Bispo and his family and ate a delicioso dinner with them. I felt the spirit so strong the whole time and they all accepted a baptismal invite. It was incredible! Bishop and his fam was bearing the strongest testimony and we were laughing and happy all night. 
         I am feeling amazing and incredibly grateful for you all, for the gospel for this experience and for life. I know that I am doing what is right and it is an incredible feeling to be apart of this and to be living with such amazing people.I love it all and I love you all!
  
Com Amor,
Elder Davis Bradley Anderson


Cuiaba World Cup Poster




No comments:

Post a Comment