Monday, June 30, 2014

Campo Grande Week 13

June 23, 2014

So this week was a blur, it always is in a new area. My comp is actually a Brasileiro de Campinas, São Paulo. I have learned tons more about the language with him which is a huge blessing. People in this city speak way more correct, with much more mellow accent, so I am loving that. My area is massive again. We have the center of the city, which is so rad. It is 100% different then Cuiabá. Way more organized and I hear that this is one of the wealthiest wards in the mission, so it is a bit of culture shock.
  The field is super white here. The members are a bit cold and stuck up but I feel like they will warm up. We are teaching a bunch of people and had 5 at church on sunday. I am still getting to know everyone. My companion, all though super annoying, works super hard. We leave at 10 at get home at 10. 12 hour work days baby. That is whats up.
  The culture down here is super awesome. You sit with people and drink tereré and chimarrão while you teach lessons. I must admit that I am addicted.
   I have had some difficulty feeling connected to the work the last few weeks, but I had an epiphany yesterday that reminded me why I am here.
LOVE. Whenever a missionary looks at the work like a business the spirit leaves him. Whenever I serve, seek to just help people out. And really pay attention to the little beautiful details of the people, the work is infinitely better.




No comments:

Post a Comment