Friday, November 14, 2014

Ponta Pora Week 30

Oct. 27, 2014

Opa! 
This week was awesome. I arrived here in Ponta Porã on Monday night and was greeted by the entire zone, which is 8 Elders in total.  Some of my good friends on the mission are here in my zone, so It is going to be an awesome transfer. Tuesday we worked in our area and my comp showed me around the area. It is super diverse. It has some wealthy spots and some SUPER poor areas. I am stoked about the work here. We have a solid group of folks and the people seem super receptive here. Wednesday I did a split with an an African elder in my zone which was awesome. Thursday after almoço we got on the bus to go to the leadership training six hours away in Campo Grande I slept in the amumbaí house and stayed up almost all night talking with the Elders there. Friday we had our training. It was actually pretty awesome. The theme seemed to be the importance of preparation and goals. I learned a bunch. It was cool to see this side of the mission. My mission president is an awesome man. He works so hard and really cares about all of us. I am stoked to put it all in to practice and serve Zona Ponta Porã.

    This week was a bit uneventful, because of the trip to Campo Grande and back but I feel incredibly blessed. I love you all very much.
  Enjoy being together as a family becuase there is nothing better
     2 nephi 5:27




Brynley was so excited that 2 different people face booked  her and sent her pictures of Davis!
This is What an Elder in Davis's Zone said about Davis
It was another awesome week here in Ponta Porã!
Elder A and I have been getting along great and working really hard. We have been getting into a lot of doors! We have just been on fire and I have a feeling that we are going to have an awesome transfer!
I love President Reber! He is so inspired and such a spiritual man. In his leadership training this week he talked about how planning and goal setting is so important not only for the mission, but for life. He shared how he was not a really bright student, but he made a plan to study and get good grades and then accomplished the plan and eventually became the man and Doctor that he is. I have also seen how much planning has helped me. I also want to be a doctor, so that gave me some motivation to step up and learn to master goals and planning.
We have already found some new investigators all ready for baptism! One of them came to church and got very emotional and loved the spirit that she felt and our other 2 possibilities are grandchildren of a super active and wonderful member. I thought that they were already members because they both bore their testimonies in the primary program yesterday. 
Next month our stake presidency will be reorganized and Elder Aidukaitis from the first quorum of the 70 is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment