Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Campo Grande Week 24

September 15, 2014


This week was super rad. Meu Filhão chegou! My child arrived! His name is Elder Laskoski. He is from Ipoméia, Santa Catarina. Way down south in Brazil. He is the weirdest brazilian I
 have ever met. He is more of a gringo than I am! For reals.. I feel like I am with someone from Kanab. He is super cool. He is a decendent of the first members of the church in Brasil. He lived on a farm his enire life and rarely left. He works super hard, and is humble. The first time he ever bought milk was this morning. He just milked cows back home. He never rode a bus, grocery shopped, used email, nada! He is super white and his name is super foreign. Everyone thinks he is a gringo.
    We worked a ton this week. We had absolutely nothing at the beginning of the week but after a bunch of hard work with the members we set up an awesome week. We set high goals and are super excited. I will be honest, I am super stoked about my Português, my comp is still learning the lessons and is super shy so I have had to do just about everything. I love helping him out and laughing about his culture shock in to ´´city life´. It is super weird to be training and to be past the year mark. My trainers were super cool and made a huge impact on my mission. It is funny paying way more attention to the little stuff and helping him get in to the groove. I really am dedicated to helping him learn the ropes and having a rad transfer full of hard work and good times.
        The sisters are actually super cool, They work super smart and are blessing the lives of tons of people. District meeting is super funny and once again I am the only gringo in the district. its rad.
           1. I think the mosquitoes don´t like my blood. I haven´t been bit in a while, but my comps get eaten alive. When I was in Cuiabá I used a drop or two of Terrashield in a cup of water and rubbed on myself. Seemed to work.
            2. I didn´t get a package at conference! I did get one package with my peppermint oil! and some candy. Which was a huge blessing.
             3. I haven´t gotten sick in forever. occasional stomach issues, headaches, and colds are a part of life here, but other than my Dengui incident in Cuiabá I have never been sick. I take those onguard and digetzen capsules whenever I feel like I am getting sick. I am also a huge believer in Vitamin C. I have turned into my mother. I pound limes. The limes here are super good! I make juice or squeeze it into water or tereré, or just eat one whole every day. I LOVE LIMES.
            4. IT is pretty hot, but not too bad.
            5. I try to eat semi healthy. I make scrambled eggs with oninons and peppers everyday. We score tons of free fruit that I LOVE. Maracujá, limão, acerola, and other awesome fruits that we don´t have in the states. I have been on a coconut kick. A less active lady in the ward hooks us up and I drink the milk and eat the flesh every night. It is incredible! I drink so much tereré and juice. Almoço is awesome. We eat so much every almoço. Every single day everysingle meal has rice and beans. I love it. They make churrasco everyonce and a while, which is INCREDIBLE. beef here is so much better. Awesome salads. mandioca! Almoço is always great. Coke and guraraná.
           
         
         I love you all so much. I love my life I love my mission. I feel an incredible love for our human family, especially the people here. Thinking about leaving here breaks my heart. I am incredible grateful for everything.
         


No comments:

Post a Comment