Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Campo Grande Week 23

September 8, 2014



One year down! It´s nuts to think that one year ago I was losing my mind in the MTC. A lot has happened in the last year. I have grown and experienced some incredible things. I have learned another language and become a part of culture that has become part of me. It has been the hardest year of my life. I have lived among the greatest people in the world. I have grown spiritually and found peace in asking the questions of my soul and searching for the answers. 
IT HAS BEEN THE GREATEST ADVENTURE OF MY 21 YEARS.
   I can´t help but reflect on the radness of life. Só gratidão.

 I had a pretty cool experience this week, we rode the bus and walked a million miles to get to a house in the sisters area for an interview (I am super proud and also surprised at how we navigate our way around a huge region with just the sketchy bus system and our feet).
  I was interviewing Cleber who had been heavily involved in drugs for super long but was two weeks clean and super nervous about his baptism. It was super powerful we just talked it out and he got super emotional. After like 2 minutes of silence he was like VAMOS LÁ. Which means like lets do it. It was awesome. It made me realize that when we repent the lord really does forgive and forget. When we do our part he forgives instantly. He doesn´t need to think about it.
    So this transfer is going to be gnarly. I am staying here in Amumbaí, which is rough, my district will be changed to me, my companion, and six sisters. Also I wil be training. I don´t know who he is or where he is from yet, he gets here tonight. So it should be an interesting one. I am stoked.
     I am stoked that everyone is doing good. Tell Richmond to stretch that groin out. Send a pic of the new 4runner! I am really not that surprised that Austin is still a freak athlete. I am freaking out by how old my siblings are getting... It makes me sad that I am missing out on the good times but also super excited for the good times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment