Monday, May 5, 2014

Cuiaba week 5

April 28, 2014

Not a whole ton to update you all on because I got Dengue on Wednesday. It
was rough and for 3 and a half days I felt horrible, but I have recovered
and I am feeling great today! We have a baptism coming up in two weeks and
I am chomping at the bit to get back to work. I am more comfy with my
Portuguese and have made a plan to better study and stay healthy.
P- day was awesome, we woke up at 3 a.m. and drove with a member to a
distant mountain, we hiked up to a beatuiful view of jungle and pantanal as
far as the eyes could see on one side and the city of Cuiaba in the
distance on the other. It was awesome.
So we live in a little causa there is 4 of us. We share a room. Our
kitchen doesn~t have much we have a propane oven and stove and that is it
as far as prepping food goes. Oh, we do have a panini press which is
awesome. Food here is pretty plain and expensive. I need to eat more but it
is hard. If you send me a package I would love some peanut butter or
nutella, and some starburst or skittles. I am adjusting.
 Some streets have side walks some don~t.
I am so glad to hear that everything is doing well back home. Tell everyone
that I love them tons.








No comments:

Post a Comment